Sunday, June 23, 2013

Something to whet the appetite...


Hey guys,

I wanted to hold out until I was completely finished, but I guess I'll just blow my partial wad right now. I'm a few days away from making this Tech Target something worthy of being wielded, and it has really been a learning experience for me. Painting isn't too intellectually demanding, but my god does it take a lot of work. I have earned a newfound respect for painters and the work they do. I enlisted the help of my girlfriend for this one and put her nail-painting skills to the test. I think I could really get into this painting business!

As far as the modding side goes, this mod has borrowed from the write-ups of yesteryore, but has its own dirty little secret as well. Unlike most mods that replace internals, this one will not be putting a bolt through the shell to keep things together! I didn't want to disrupt the cosmetic lines at the front of the blaster, so I found a way to keep the plunger tube from falling out as well as rotating all from within!

Just a few more days, I promise. Zero, send me your damn contact info!
~T

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about not sending the contact. Trust me I haven't had the to send it yet. I can't access my PC right now and that's usually where I do most of my online nerf....stuff. I should have it sent by tomorrow. Sorry about that ~Zero

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed you emailed me. I sent the contact info you needed. Sorry for the wait!

    ReplyDelete