Saturday, June 29, 2013

New blasters coming from Hasbro!

Sup guys,

I know that most of you are just used to me posting ridiculously lengthy write-ups about my mods, or updates on my ridiculously long write-ups, so I've decided to change things up a bit. I'm going to give my opinion on some of the new blasters coming out this fall, now that enough information has leaked about the blasters and their internals. Sometimes it's good to see what the future holds to get a start on mod planning. Let's start out with the lamest of the bunch--the Blazin' Bow!

If you look closely at the front handle, you'll notice that there is no trigger! The trigger was one of the greatest inventions in the history of firearms, and taking it away means your accuracy will suffer as well as making the blaster take longer to fire. I guess you can always run around with the handle pulled back all the time, if you want to look like an idiot.

I haven't seen any pictures of the internals of this thing, but I'm pretty sure that they are dead simple. Cosmetically, I don't think the Blazin' Bow is good-looking enough to warrant a trigger mod. Sometimes I like taking a blaster that sucks balls performance-wise and turning it into a "sleeper."  In this case, I think I'll pass.

Another blaster that will be gracing our shelves soon is the Rapidstrike CS-18:

I have to admit--when I saw the first few leaked photos of this blaster, I thought my dreams had come true and Hasbro had in fact created a successor to the Stampede ECS-50. Unfortunately, my dreams were to be crushed like a bug under a shoe. Later pictures and intel revealed that the internals wouldn't contain the same technology at all! They decided to shatter my dreams and go with their favorite design--flywheels.

One thing that did get the blood flowing through that spongy erectile tissue was the clear clip! My oh my that looks sexy. I don't really care if my opponent can see my ammo. Honestly, if your opponent can see your gun at all then your hiding place really isn't great. Hopefully Hasbro sells those babies separately! As far as the blaster goes, I might just get it and throw in some homemade internals--we'll see. It does look pretty nice, I must admit.

Next up is the Vortex Revonix360:

It's in the Vortex line. Enough said. Cool new 30-round clip, same shitty performance and moddability.

Last on the list is the MEGA Centurion:

Now this puppy is pretty insane. At first I laughed and wondered what the hell Hasbro was thinking, but now I can see so much modding potential it's ridiculous. I will definitely be picking one of these up and creating a monster. I'd like to attach a flat panel of polycarbonate to the bottom and create a rail that a pump grip can ride on. I could then integrate a hopper and barrel into the faux barrel to make it look semi-stock. Internals will definitely be replaced as well; word is out that the Centurion actually uses a reverse plunger! There will none of that in my blasters--ever.

Hope you guys enjoyed this random voicing of my thoughts,
~T

No comments:

Post a Comment