Saturday, June 8, 2013

Massive Update and Next up...


Hi guys,

I'm extremely excited for my upcoming projects--more than usual, actually. There will be one more "mod" (if you want to call it that) leading into the grand finale--100% homemades! Over time my percentages have increased from 0% homemade to around 90% homemade now. My Longstrike is about to receive some nice upgrades, with a clear 1 1/2'' clear PVC plunger tube and U-cup plunger head. It will be pull-back priming to begin with, and later converted to pump-action. It will also contain my first Rainbow Catch! For those who are unfamiliar with this component, it is basically the premier design for homemade trigger catches. It encompasses everything I strive for--simplicity and effectiveness! This is a rather large update, so I'm breaking this goddamn page.

In other happenings, I have some
sad Longshot news :-(

My Longshot trigger catch is officially deceased. The morning of the war I attended recently, my Longshot failed to catch. I guess I was lucky that it happened then and not on the battlefield. I could see markings at the top of the trigger catch opening where the plunger end had ripped off plastic over time. Oh well--to quote myself: "If it breaks I'll make a new one out of polycarbonate." I will also be doing the plunger rod, since my Longshot deserves the best health care.

I almost forgot to mention some other "blaster repair/maintenance" that I have been undergoing. For the Longshot, I put a very short 1/4'' set screw through the shell to act as a spring rest for the trigger catch. Check it out:


Works like a charm! 

Supermaxx 1500 update:
I have fixed the trigger situation as best as I could, and that includes the following:
  • PETG trigger guide
  • Trimmed trigger to be more ergonomic for pulling straight backwards (parellel to force vector)
  • Trimmed orange shell housing for more trigger room
  •  Cut off trigger guard (again, for better ergonomics)
  •  PVC shim to prevent the PETG from riding upwards, the problem with the stock pump end I had before
The distance between your finger and the actual firing pin (in the y direction) is pretty large on the SM1500, so that's why it's the major hindrance to performance on this blaster!







Much smoother, and no more trigger jamming! To conclude this very long update, let me say that

TIME IS ALMOST UP FOR THE 10,000 VIEW GIVEAWAY!

I have some ideas on what to do, but I haven't finalized anything yet.
I'll keep you guys posted,
~T da B

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait man! But don't normal homemades use 1 1/4 PVC? Or does your homemade require 1 1/2 for the seal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normal ones do indeed use 1 1/4''. I'm just trying to squeeze the fattest possible plunger tube into the LSK!

      Delete