Thursday, May 16, 2013

Benchtop sander acquired!


Sup guys!

You're looking at the latest addition to my workshop--a Harbor Freight combo belt sander and disc sander. This tool is going to drastically cut down on sanding, one of the most time-consuming parts of modding. In addition, I will be able to perfectly square the ends of all the pipes I cut! The sanding belt is 4'' x 36'' and the sanding disc is 6'' in diameter, and the device comes with a mitre gauge to square your workpiece--check it out:

I removed the disc for the moment, since I won't be needing it for my projects in the immediate future. Some of you may be groaning at the fact that I went with Harbor Freight, but the deal I got was too sweet to pass up. In addition to being on sale, I had a coupon for 20% off and ended up getting the sander for $64! It's my first sander, so I really don't think I need to get something super fancy and expensive. I also bought an accessory to prolong the life of my sandpaper--a sanding belt cleaner. Basically it's a big eraser that you rub on your sanding belt after a job to remove any particles that get stuck to the sandpaper.

At this point, my workshop is just about complete! With my drill press, scroll saw, and belt sander, I can't think of any more essential tools that I might need to complete Nerf projects and beyond. Of course it would be nice to have a lathe or a milling machine, but even the cheapest ones are expensive. I'm completely content at this point with my tool repertoire--I can do almost anything!

~T da B

1 comment:

  1. Event: Nerf Wars - Fun Nights at SSA. Return to events page · Nerf Wars Fun in Airsoft Arena. content

    ReplyDelete