Thursday, December 20, 2012

Fixing the Stampede's gearbox

Hi readers,

In case you were wondering, my Stampede has not seen battle nor been show to a single soul, mainly out of shame. What was initially an amazing project kept getting progressively worse as my gearbox kept failing. It was the only weak point in my incredible Stampede setup, and made my uber-blaster unworthy to be carried into battle. See the gear that keeps getting its hole stripped?
I recently found a guy named ptR in the Oznerf community who just might have the solution to all my woes! Behold, something that can easily handle the torque of 4 Trustfires (with a good amount of grease). The gears are machined out of bronze and go for $35 for the set pictured (not including shipping). I'm pretty stoked if they are indeed real--I have 2 Stampede/Trustfire combos that really need to be beefed up before they see battle.
Update (2/28/2013): ptR is AWOL--I have tried contacting him numerous times to no avail. I have finally given up on Australia. Luckily, Singapore is always innovating! A company called PAK D sells replacement gears and a kit called the "Stampede Stress Kit." I will be receiving one soon--check out their website here. I would not recommend buying from them unless you are doing a bulk order with other people--shipping is around $50 for a medium-sized package.

No comments:

Post a Comment