Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Stefans

Hi guys,

Some of you may be wondering what kind of ammo I put into my blasters. 95% of my blasters fire Stefans, or homemade darts. Stock Nerf darts just cannot cut it when it comes to accuracy and range. Occasionally you might get a streamline dart that goes straight, but it's pretty rare. It didn't take long for me to make the switch over to Stefans, and I can safely say that I'm never going back! Anyways, Here are the Stefans I am currently using:
Grey -- crappy online foam that I got off of Loghomestore.com or something like that. It fits 1/2'' CPVC absolutely perfectly, and I have a ton of CPVC stashed away.
Red -- Mod Man's foam that I got through Nerfhaven. It is a little fatter than the grey foam and fits 9/16'' brass loosely and my polyethylene tubing perfectly.
White -- Swift foam that I payed an arm and a leg for on ebay. It is the best foam I've ever used and fits 9/16'' brass perfectly. I stretched mine to be about the same diameter as the red foam.

All my Stefans are now 1.25'' in length, since my 1.5'' darts were having trouble feeding around the bend in a hopper clip. I will not go any shorter, as the accuracy really starts to suffer, especially with higher-powered blasters. I am currently seeking dense FBR with a smaller diameter, like my grey foam. I bought something off a guy on Nerfhaven the other day and he sent me 3 silicone-tipped Stefans that blew my mind with their quality and resilience. They still have yet to die after being fired out of several powerful blasters at cardboard and walls. I'll have to add a new mission to my Personal Quests.

3 comments:

  1. I'd give "hot rod" foam from BestMaterials a try. Most people love it.

    Also, i'm pretty sure swift foam is just LogHomeStores white foam, I wonder..... I have some but not Swift's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to give both of those a try! I'll compare the LHS white foam with my ebay foam. It looks a little yellowish on their website, while my foam is pure white, but we'll find out soon enough.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it does look yellow! But it's white as can be, trust me! I'd love to know.

      Delete