Saturday, October 20, 2012

Look What T da B Just Got!

This is the LEGO Atlantis Harpoon Blaster--released in 2010 with the Atlantis LEGO series. It is essentially a reshelled Buzz Bee Big Blast. I have been looking for a BBBB for a long time now, and I'm really happy to have found one in good condition. I'm also a big fan of the black and red color scheme--much cooler than the old green and blue patterning. It's rare to find a blaster that isn't made by Nerf that exceeds all expectations for performance, but the BBBB (or 4B) certainly does. Just take a look at the air tank--it's enormous! Like all powerful air blasters, you can see water vapor come out of the barrel with each shot.

The previous owner already plugged the pump and removed the air restrictor, so I won't have to worry about those mods. A popular mod for these blasters is to cut down the front of the shell, since it's mainly just a hollow space to fit the rocket ammo. I will not be minimizing mine, since I think it looks really good as it is! What I will probably do for this blaster is integrate a hopper and barrel. I don't usually attach my barrels and hoppers permanently, but this blaster seems like it was made for a hopper and at least an 18'' barrel. I will drill a hole through the top for the hopper to go through and attach the wye to the front of the air tank. I can't wait to bust out the chronograph after this one is done :)

2 comments: