Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Update!

Sup peeps,

It is due time for an update! I've been enjoying life quite a bit, but it's time to start getting back into the swing of things. My first announcement is that I'm decommissioning my Supermaxx 1500. As a memory-refresher, here's what it looks like:

While it was badass-looking and powerful as any air gun, the trigger was irreparably shitty. It was just too damn far from the actual air tank and not even in line with it, so the action was god-awful. I will be harvesting it for all of its pneumatic goodies, which include the following:
  • Topeak dual-action bike pump
  • Mini pressure gauge
  • Brass pop-safety valve
  • Push-to-connect check valve
  • Push-to-connect 4-way (+) connector
  • Aluminum Roboman air tank
It's pretty much the dopest setup you can have, assuming you can fit it all into your blaster. It's sad to see this one go, but sometimes you have to admit that it just wasn't meant to be.

Along the same train of thought, I've decided to nix the Rebelle pistol project as well. 1 1/4'' was just a little too much pipe for one miss. Since the front of the blaster tapers inward, the integration gets ugly at the front. Painting a Rebelle? Have I got soft on all of us!? I think I'm going to switch it up and build something that I've always wanted--a good ol' fashioned Plusbow.

~T

1 comment: