Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tornado acquired!

Hey peeps,

Look what came in the mail:
Made in 1998!
This funny-looking creature goes by the name Koosh Vortex Tornado. As you can see, the front has a strange protrusion--this thing does not shoot darts at all! It shoots a very rare type of ammunition, the Koosh Spinfire Ring. Utilizing a very special propulsion system, this blaster has been known to launch the rubber discs over 70 feet. Daaaaaaamn. Well, the only downside is that they don't travel too fast, so a simple step to the side will be enough to dodge a ring. Not to mention, even a slight breeze will completely throw off your aim. Anyways, I have no rings, nor any desire to use them.

People often compare the Tornado to the Crossbow, and ergonomically they are very similar--comfortable handles and stocks, and priming at the rear. However, there is one major difference between the two: modding potential. The fact is, Crossbows are skinny. You can't fit a plunger tube in there with a diameter over 1 1/4'' without bulging the shell out. The Tornado, on the other hand, has a ton of real estate inside--enough to house a 1 1/2'' PVC plunger tube! This thing will be compact and powerful.

This project will be put on the back burner for now--I've been enjoying my period of rest after finishing my RainbowPump. Soon I shall resume again and turn my Rebelle into a femme fatale. Stay tuned!

~T

P.S. I like italics.

2 comments:

  1. I was originally going to get one of these, but I caved and will be getting a crossbow soon. I guess I will see if it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete