Saturday, August 10, 2013

Time to resurrect a monster...

Hello people,

Look what came in the mail recently:

For those of you that have never seen the likes, it's a Stampede's gearbox. The battery pack drives an electric motor that drives the gearbox that eventually primes the blaster. The problem arises when you increase the voltage from 6V to 16.8V--the torque from the motor ends up stripping one of the gears! For those of you that don't remember:

This time, I will be making a "preemptive strike" on the gear before it has a chance to strip itself. I will be thoroughly cleaning the contact area and using powerful solvents to fuse the gear to it's mount--a much better solution than trying to buy metal gears off flaky Chinese Nerf companies.

In other news, I have been slacking off with the modding due to car maintenance, practicing music, and various forms of debauchery. I promise I'll get cracking on the Longstrike/Stampede/LS shotgun grip soon--there just aren't enough hours in the day! Please sit tight while I square things away one at a time.

Regards,
~T da B

No comments:

Post a Comment