Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bilbo Laggins

Hello fellow Nerfers and girlfriend! It has been a while since my last update, and I'm sorry for the lag (hence the title). I assure you that I haven't been resting on my laurels all this time. Here's some of the stuff that has been in the works:
Notice a couple differences? The polycarbonate trigger is the obvious one. Here's the other one:
Feast your eyes upon T da B's first paintjob! That's right--I first used three coats of Dupli-color gloss black vinyl dye and then followed it up with two coats of Rustoleum clear gloss acrylic lacquer. Matches the blaster body perfectly.

The last mod that I did is inside the plunger tube. I found that over time, my velocities were steadily dropping and I couldn't explain it. When I removed my plunger rod to prep the plunger tube for painting, I noticed flecks of metal all over the place! It was rust from the K26 spring. I promptly Brasso-ed the shit out of my spring and cleaned out the plunger tube. I added some Teflon tape under my plunger head O-rings for a better seal. With a spring like the K26, it's always better to have a decent amount friction on the plunger walls to accommodate the power. Check it out!
Before
After
I'd say that it's a hefty improvement.

Longshot Update:
I'm sorry to have tantalized anyone with the picture of the Longshot shell--things didn't quite go according to the plan and I slightly miscalculated. Ok maybe it was big miscalculation. Basically, I tried to get fancy and I ended up f-ing myself in the A. Now I have to completely destroy my breech and start again. Once the plus side, my new design will be better than SgNerf's guaranteed. How? Dead space, my friend--dead space. In the meantime, here's something to reinvigorate that boner:

~T

No comments:

Post a Comment