Monday, March 11, 2013

Aluminum air tanks!

Aluminum is a holy material
Hello people,

Today I just received a much-anticipated package in the mail from a fellow by the name of roboman. Doctor roboman happens to have access to some heavy machinery that you and I might not have access to--in this case, it's a lathe. He made me a pair of shiny new silver Aluminum air tanks that will allow my air blasters to be super-reliable and outrageously powerful. I think I just creamed myself.

I'm 99% sure that roboman used a lathe on almost every part of the air tank, given their circular symmetry. A lathe works by spinning what you are working on, and you feed special cutter pieces into the work to trim away material until you get your desired shape. roboman put a lot of work into these air tanks--I'm impressed by the quality! Here's a regular 2K/SM1500 tank for comparison:



Simply beautiful. Get yours from roboman (roboman.sales@gmail.com) for $20 $25. Yeah, I understand the price increase.

~T

1 comment: