Friday, February 22, 2013

Shit just got real


Readers, friends, and lovers of Nerf--I have reached a true milestone. After this purchase is received from Mcmaster.com, I will begin a new chapter in my modding magnum opus. Before I explain what I'm getting into nowadays, it would behoove the reader to become familiar with the path I've already trodden. Here is my progression so far, in chronological order:
  1. Drop-in springer kits, like the Orange Mod Works Massacre Kit
  2. Simple springer modding (air restrictor removal, spring swap, coupler, plunger padding)
  3. More advanced springer modding (reinforcements, breech replacement)
  4. Simple air gun modding (plug pump, PETG barrels)
  5. Advanced air gun modding (adding bike pump, safety valve, PSI gauge, aftermarket tubing and fittings)
  6. Working with brass (slide breech, brass breech for Stampede)
  7. Plunger head replacement (Big Bad Bow)
Now some of you might be thinking, "well T da B, what's left to do?" I'll tell you what's left to do--it is time to enter the realm of homemades! I'm about to do my first complete internals replacement, which will segue perfectly into the construction of 100% homemades. Once I buy a scroll saw and a few hole saws, I will be ready to tackle the most challenging mods on the planet! To be honest, I'm giddy to start machining my own polycarbonate and never having to spend another cent on a barrel spacer. I hope you guys stick around for the ride because shit just got real.

11 comments:

  1. NANANANANANANA CROSSBOW. Its not one of the most challenging though..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I'm too scared to even touch my Crossbow! I'm going to work my way up to that--need to destroy some cheaper blasters first. Have you ever done a Crossbow, BBV?

      Delete
    2. No, But I'm in the process of doing a Tornado right now, Which is harder. I'll upload some photo's to iModify's Blog..

      Delete
    3. Awesome--I can't wait to see that thing! I've been trying to find one recently, but no luck.

      Delete
    4. I think Snickers is selling one on one of the forums. Heres a link http://www.nerfrevolution.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5707

      Delete
    5. Here's also the NerfHaven link, it doesnt seem to have anyone else bidding, so I'd snap it up now. http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23531&st=45

      Delete
  2. No, I'll tell you what's left to do--it's time to enter the realm of building your girlfriend a shoe rack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all know your gunna pull off some black magic. I just hope you shaire it here first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I would never leave you guys hanging! This is where things start to get really crazy ;)

      Delete