Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Next project plans have been finalized!

Sup guys,

Progress has been a little slow lately...


In any case, I've been slowly planning my next project--it's going to be a beefy one and I want it done right! For those that don't know, I'm planning to build my first 100% homemade blaster: a RainbowPump. Ryan's version uses a full-length K26, but only utilizes 6'' of compression. Quertyman's version gets near-full compression with 7'' of draw, but unfortunately I already bought the parts for Ryan's version before he even wrote it up.

I have decided to take the middle ground: achieve the same near-full compression as quertyman, but use Ryan's internal coupler design and the original 6'' of draw spec. Some of you may be frowning at this, but I'm not going to use a full-length K26! After cutting down the spring and killing some dead space from the original design, the blaster will be a few inches shorter. It should theoretically shoot harder than a normal RBP! Stay tuned for the:

Shortened RainbowPump

I promise I'll get started soon.....after a couple more missions.

~T

9 comments:

  1. Hey that's awesome! I'm sure you will get great ranges and it will look amazing. Are you planning on using the paintball handle I used? Or are you going to get into woodworking handles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I like the gta pic. You should so get on gta online with me even though I don't know you haha.

      Delete
    2. I will be using neither a paintball handle nor a wooden one! I'm going to try out some HDPE (cutting board) and see how it feels. I'm trying to color-code the entire blaster clear and white, so it works out nicely.

      Delete
  2. very nice! I was going for clear and black :p Are you going to be using a sheath for the pump?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup--sheath for the pump is in the plans! Like you, I'll also be doing away with the string stop. Should be a pretty sweet-looking "shorty" by the time I'm done with it :D

      Delete
  3. I'm really excited to see it! Do you know how long the blaster will end up being?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The goal is to shave off 2''-3'', which should still leave enough room for a hand on the pump!

      Delete
  4. The original rbp only had about 5 and a half inches of compression, and it nor fully compressed. It shouldn't be harder to shoot than it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Definitely gonna be harder to prime, though!

      Delete